Ideal Isar HE24 Fault

Sponsored Links
Not wishing to muddy the waters here, but last august, even the addendum sheet relating to those funny pin thingies that came with the 'orange' (Mk3 ?) PCB was wrong...... That was for an ISARHE30

DH

debil please READ my previous post again.

it is most likely not the PCB jumpers that are wrong but the control panel jumpers
you did buy a retro kit as per the instructions i presume? as old control panels 2 years or older do not work with the V9 orange boards!

thanks for all your help everyone, it was the jumpers that were not fitting tight on the pcb and one had dropped out too!

All fixed now - put a bit of sellotape on to hold them in!

Thanks again
Debi

Sponsored Links
i've looked at the pcb and it seems okay and fits okay, anyone any other suggestions please? Not that the heating is needed at the moment but ive no hot water now!
Debi

Wow ! That was hard work getting you to check those jumpers!

Still we persevered and you are all back to normal at no cost!

Now I had better go out and do a boiler repair otherwise I will not be able to afford dinner.

Tony

will you be having a nice glass of wine with your dinner tony? and then, perhaps, dazzling your friends with your witty repartee?

i've looked at the pcb and it seems okay and fits okay, anyone any other suggestions please? Not that the heating is needed at the moment but ive no hot water now!
Debi

Wow ! That was hard work getting you to check those jumpers!

Still we persevered and you are all back to normal at no cost!

Now I had better go out and do a boiler repair otherwise I will not be able to afford dinner.

Tony

another bump tae yer post count

Yes i think he must have sorted it now it was July last year.

Hello, Just to be clear. If you have replaced an old PCB with the new Orange one from Ideal, you will need to take out the old pins (Blcak plastic covers that sit in the top right hand corner of the old PCB) Take these pins out 1 by 1 and fit in the exact position on the Orange PCB box) These pins tell the PCB that it's OK to fire.

You need to do this to remove the H5 fault. Turn off all power, and start the above proceedure. Re-power, and you should have a burner light and a C .

The pins do not "tell the boiler its ok to fire" they tell the PCB which boiler its fitted to.

Does anybody know positions of pins for orange PCB(boiler Ideal H24)? I have one pin droped down and now have no idea what is the place for it. There are 5 positions in the in black covers...the pin is in position 3...question which position shold occupy second pin?

Thank you in advance.
Hello, Just to be clear. If you have replaced an old PCB with the new Orange one from Ideal, you will need to take out the old pins (Blcak plastic covers that sit in the top right hand corner of the old PCB) Take these pins out 1 by 1 and fit in the exact position on the Orange PCB box) These pins tell the PCB that it's OK to fire.

You need to do this to remove the H5 fault. Turn off all power, and start the above proceedure. Re-power, and you should have a burner light and a C .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back