Ideal Isar Sytem pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please could you give me some advise

I have just had my system fitted and would like a little knowledge before I call anyone back.

the system is the isar he30 combi, running 9 rads.

I have noticed that when the heating is runup the pressure gauge goes up to around 2.7 bar, and at rest when not in use it is 1.5 bar. is this ok as I know the saftey valve is 3 bar, is this running to near the mark? and do I need to lower this and how is this done.

the other thing is setting it up some of the rads were cold at the bottom for a while, I have the Lockshields and the thermostatic fitted. I am just asking the best method for setting the lockshiels up from scratch, should they all be fully open, or half or what and where do I go from there.

thank guys

Darren

Sponsored Links
ok Im asking for advose before I do that, p;ease.

what should the presure be when cold? and is the 2.5-2.7 a little high when hot?

what would cause or is this normal, do you mean just get him back for the cold rads, is the other ok and norm?

a little more info please.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Cold pressure normally about 1 bar, rising maybe .3 bar when hot.

He must check the precharge pressure in the pressure vessel, with no pressure on it from the system. Sounds like your PV may have NO precharge pressure, or be faulty

System should have been BALANCED. Various means are favoured by different people.
Basic idea is to shut down the valves nearer the boiler (pump) so that enough flow gets to every rad.
This can be done with the lockshield or within a trv. Installer is supposed to go round measuring temp drops aross each rad , but I've not heard of many doing it. The Bypass valve is involved too - sets max system pressure wherever it's fitted.

Rads with trv's tend to look after themselves - if one gets hot slightly quicker so what, it shuts down and the rest catch up. But the temp drop across the boiier has to me measured and recorded in the Benchmark logbook along withthe other details. Without that you have no guarantee. Hope he did proper system cleaning too, which likewise has to be recorded, or else.

Thanks mate, ust needed the info before |I called him back, you say only around a .3 bar rise, it is going up much more that that as you can see.

I remember reading in the manual about the pre charge pressure, is that the normal symptoms for this.

Darren.

I have had a good look at the manual ( the guy is on hol till wed) it does say pre charge to 1 bar as you said, how do you do this , is this done before it is filled, the manual is a bit sparce.

Darren

I called the Ideal support no, they said that it is ok to sit at 1.5 cold and go up to 2.5-2.7 do you think they are just saying that?

I respect what you guys say, but I am now a little miffed as to what Ideal have said, and can anyone explain how you pre charge it to 1 bar.

Darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back