Ideal Logic combi 30 - warm water only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking after a Ideal Logic combi 30 which has needed frequent emergency care since installation 4 years ago! If it was a dog you might consider putting it down...

Anyway, the hot water has started to be just warm rather than hot. The CH is fine. It is much warmer when the CH is on and just tepid when off.

I turn on the hot water tap, I see d (for direct water) I hear the click of the ignition and see the blue light and can hear the normal sounds. I turned the water temperature up and it runs a bit hotter.

I think a similar thing happened 3 years ago. The Diverter valve was leaking so had both parts replaced.

Is this a symptom of the same thing or something else? Maybe the thermistor (I read) or flow valve. I remember their was occasionally some hard occasional banging in the taps upstairs a few weeks before if that is relevant.

Nice photos of my boiler: http://www.dropbox.com/sh/bsra1fqornw7q1b/Bgkhst1tEx :)

Sponsored Links
With the heating off, turn a tap on and feel the flow pipe (far left pipe) if this gets too hot to touch its the diverter passing. What happens if you slow the tap down a bit ? Cold mains coming in is approx 10 degrees (depending on the area you are in) so for L/min you will only get 45degrees (43 ish at the tap).

fully aware chances of a reply on this old post are slim but im having the exact issue so any ideas on fixing would be amazing

Sponsored Links
you need to start a fresh post, it is against site rules to Hi-jack and you wont get the right answers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back