Ideal Logic+ Combi 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with the Central Heating with our Ideal Logic+ Combi 30 boiler.

The boiler is set to Winter mode and pressure is around 1.8 and the hot water works well. The Display indicates that the Central Heating is also working and when turned on will quickly show "maximum radiator temperature 80C" then the burner switches off and it sits at "pump overrun". The radiators however aren't heating up at all.

It might be unrelated but yesterday the fuse blew and was replaced.

having just moved in I'm trying to get the details of the installer but before I call someone out I wanted to check that it wasn't just a simple case of turning the right tap.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It's possible one or both of the heating isolating valves have been closed.

Looking at the bottom of the boiler there will be a tap on the leftmost pipe and one on the pipe to the far right of the boiler. Both of these must be open.

Don't operate any of the filling loop valves by mistake. If in doubt it's the valve closest to the boiler body which needs to be open.

It's possible one or both of the heating isolating valves have been closed.

Looking at the bottom of the boiler there will be a tap on the leftmost pipe and one on the pipe to the far right of the boiler. Both of these must be open.

Don't operate any of the filling loop valves by mistake. If in doubt it's the valve closest to the boiler body which needs to be open.

Thanks for the reply Jack. The valves were both open (handle pointing in line with the pipe up to the boiler).

Both pipes are cold except at the top (not sure if that's normal)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back