ideal combi logic 30, HW ok but no heating, no errors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all,
our logic combi 30 has started to annoy us now.

the HW is fine, but there is no heating.

the heating is controlled by a honeywell wireless box, when i turn it to heat the control box clicks and activates the boiler, the boiler display shows 'C' and the burner led turns on (all looking normal so far)...however, the burner led only stays on for a few seconds and turns off BUT the 'C' is still displayed and the boiler is still doing something (just not heating the radiators)...after a minute or two the burner led turns on again and stays on for a few seconds and turns off : this cycle continues but the rads are still cold

the most annoying thing is that there is no error being registered. I've bled the rad's, bled the pump, checked all connections.

any help will be appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning the power off for a few minutes ? If that doesn't work disconect the stat and link it out, this will rule out external stat faults.

Sorry just re-read your post, if the C is showing i think it could be a NTC fault.

thanks gigz,
will see if my local place has any NTC's for this boiler

and yes i've left it off for over an hour hoping i might get a error code on reboot, but no errors :evil:

could it be the diverter actuator motor?

thanks gigz,

and yes i've left it off for over an hour hoping i might get a error code on reboot, but no errors :evil:

You already have admitted to not knowing what you're doing by thinking bleeding radiators will cure it.

Sponsored Links
thanks gigz,

Without being in front of it i can't say. But, it can work out VERY expensive just changing parts on a boiler. Best way to go would be to get someone to look at it. GSR that is.

LOL

as the boiler was running constantly i thought it might be an air block somewhere, no harm in trying the 'silly little things' to rule it out

p.s. i'm not a pro, but have fixed my other boilers using logic / common sense and help from pro's here :)

gigiz: thanks. was hoping if i could swap some sensors and save me an engineer callout

LOL

as the boiler was running constantly i thought it might be an air block somewhere, no harm in trying the 'silly little things' to rule it out

p.s. i'm not a pro, but have fixed my other boilers using logic / common sense and help from pro's here :)

gigiz: thanks. was hoping if i could swap some sensors and save me an engineer callout

Indeed, you're not a pro.

LOL

Indeed, you're not a pro.

:rolleyes:

Stupid one, but have you check all the valves are fully open? Is the flow pipe getting warm?

Have you linked out the stat to make sure it's not that at fault?

Blocked filter on return nearby?

The c on the display means there is a demand for heat. I think you may have a diverter valve issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back