Logic Combi 30 no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Bit of a problem with out Ideal Logic Combi 30. Now the nights are getting colder we have attempted to turn the radiators back on now and again to heat through but we only seem to be getting any heat to the small bedroom directly above where our boiler is in the kitchen, every other radiator in the house is cold. When i change the temp on the wireless controller the burner light comes on for 30-45 secs then goes off. All radiators turned up full, reset wireless controller with receiver, checked dial settings on boiler set to winter etc has anyone any other ideas i can try?

Kind regards
Matt

Sponsored Links
Does water work ok?
Are the radiator valves thermostatic ones?

Could be a number of things, diverter sticking, airlock, blockage, pump, rad valves haven't opened.

Hi there

Water works fine has hot water straight away. Radiators are thermostat ones and all set to 5/6. Any idea what i need to do now?

Cheers
Matt

Get someone to stand at the boiler, turn your stat up, does the display read C ? Does the blue light come on ? Is it set to the summer/winter mode ? Is boiler CH stat turned up all the way ?

Sponsored Links
Hi gigz

As mentioned in original call. Boiler in winter mode, blue light comes and reads c when temp turned up on thermostat but only for about 45 seconds then turns off, all radiators turned up.

Cheers

Check the return isolation valve isnt turned off. (its the far right hand side pipe)

Ive seen a few people manage to turn this off instead of shutting off the integral filling loop. It would cause the symptoms you describe.

Ok so i have now bled all the radiators and released alot of trapped air now water flowing from every radiator. I have also gone round and balanced them all starting upstairs where they are hottest turned lock fully off and opened quater of a turn but left the downstairs fully open as these are still stone cold. This has improved the temperature of the upstairs ones but still not passing around the rest. Has anyone any other advice i could try as cannot really afford a plumber bill at present? Thanks

From what i can remember the black isolation valves attached to the 22mm flow and return both need to be pointing upwards towards the boiler.

Its hard to see on my photos but i only have one black and one blue that can point upwards the other black and blue are set underneath. Looking again there is another black valve that is set just behind the pressure gauge should this be pointing up?

Yes the valve on the extreme right black one and the one on the extreme left black also and attached to pressure gauge

Thanks you nortonj saved me from freezing. Only just bought house a few months ago so not used heating at all as yet and no boiler manual left turned out to just be the black valve on the pressure gauge that needed pointing up.

Thanks for the help

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back