Heating flow set point stuck at 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a ideal logic plus 35 combi boiler, whenever I try to turn down the radiator temp dial it says "controlled by room stat" and stays at 80c. I've looked at my room stat ( ideal heating 1-channel wireless stat) and there's no way of changing the flow temps only the room temps and usual program times ect. Anyone got any ideas cheers in advance .

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the age-old method of turning everything off, waiting, and then turning it back on again?

Sponsored Links
That manual isn't for my boiler I don't have a screen display like that or even a settings button, maybe my ideal 35 is older type?

This is the boiler I have

whenever I try to turn down the radiator temp dial it says "controlled by room stat"

It sounds like you have a thermostat which controls flow temperature. Such as an OpenTherm thermostat. Which thermostat is it? Has this problem just started?

On the spec page it says ERP Class V. That means it is a modulating thermostat which has the ability to control the boiler flow temperature. This is often called load compensation. It sounds like that is what is happening. I have no idea whether that is the default, whether it has to be set that way, or whether it can be changed. I'm happy to try to find the manual and see what it says.

I read the manual for it and it did say push up and down button ,but it just tells me the set out point at the current time with no way of changing anything. Thanks in advance

I've read the manual This thermostat takes control of the boiler flow temperature. There is no way for you to change the boiler flow temperature. Does it always say 80? Do the radiators get really hot? Can you alter the room temperature using the thermostat?

1704902357796.png

As far as i can tell the thermostat will just tell me the flow temps , eg its 16.c now. So when I turn on the heating it will gradually rise to 80c and just stay at 80 until the room is up to temperature with piping hot radiators , then shut off completely when room is up too temp .so it all works fine but it's not efficient atall as the burner is always on to get 80c , I would rather set to eco mode and take longer to get to room temp but using less gas , but once again if I turn the dial to eco mode it just says controlled by room stat which It dosnt.

It's not clear which boiler you have. Please post a photo of your actual boiler and your thermostat.

Do you have the original paper manual. Can you post a photo of the front with the name of the boiler on. And also find the gas code number in the manual.

Last edited:
Unfortunately i only have the manual for the thermostat not the boiler.

Attachments

• 20240110_164843.jpg
    20240110_164843.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240110_165000.jpg
    20240110_165000.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240110_165551.jpg
    20240110_165551.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 22
Thanks. I'm out of ideas! Hopefully someone else will know the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back