Ideal Logic Combi 30+, possible issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a new place with an Ideal Logic Combi 30+. The boiler was brand new and works great. However, once the set temp on the room thermostat has been met, the boiler will constantly cycle on and off, only staying lit for a matter of seconds, and then when it's almost completed it standby routine it fires back up again, once again only staying lit for a matter of seconds. Is this normal behaviour?

If I increase the temp on the thermostat it will stay lit until that temp has been reached, so it doesn't cycle until it's reached the set temp.

The system consists of all underfloor heating downstairs and two rads upstairs. One has a TRV and the other in the bathroom does not. All rad valves are fully open and the TRV is set to 4 out of 5.

The room stat (downstairs) is the wireless Ideal PRT3 model.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm slightly worried the constant cycling is going to lead to a premature failure of something...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't think the link has been removed Mike. You need to get a Gas Safe RGI to check.

I don't think the link has been removed Mike. You need to get a Gas Safe RGI to check.

Funny you should mention that. When I first tried the CH a few weeks ago now, the boiler was not responding to the thermostat/timer at all, i.e. as soon as I switched it to winter mode, it came on straight away, even with the timer set to constant off. I did some searching and found out about the link plug in the boiler, and as expected it hadn't been removed. However once removed it started working correctly, i.e under the timer's control. So it shouldn't be that.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention this in my OP, when the boiler is cycling on/off the display shows "super efficiency". I initially thought the the cycling was a feature of the super efficiency mode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back