logic + 30 possible cycle problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need some information regarding my logic + 30 boiler.
When the digital therm reaches temp at 20 degrees it sounds like the boiler is still running. I believe the term is cycle. I have only recently bought the house and the boiler was installed last year before we bought the house. I just thought the boiler would switch off when the required temp. Basically it sounds like the boiler is on from 16:00 till 21:00 even though its at the required temp (20 degrees)

thank you for any help

Sponsored Links
Hi, does the boiler fire gas during this time?? Or is it just the pump running. Boilers have a pump or fan overrun to cool themselves after the heating demand stops so might just b that. If there is fairly short spells between the thermostat calling for heat then it may be the boiler never cools down enough. One of the jobs of the thermostat is to stop the boiler cycling. Check if the boiler fires up when there is no call for heat first. Or wait till stat is up to temp and then switch off heating demand, boiler should stop running pump/ fan within about five minutes.

It could also be that the pump is not properly connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back