Ideal Logic heat 30+ L1 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My Ideal logic heat 30+, is going into L1 fault once a day. After reset, it restarts normally. The water pressure on the radiator system, is normal. The boiler would be working until going into the cooler setting overnight, but then, in the morning, I would need to go to carry out a reset, which means we wake up with house temperature too low and colder water. What would you suggest I check/do? Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
What would you suggest I check/do? Thank you for your help.

L1 means the boiler's flow, is getting too hot, possibly not enough water circulating through it. As an immediate fix, you could try turning the boilers own stat, down a little.

Thank you Harry - I'll tried this containment and see what is happening - I have reduced the boilers stat a bit below the eco position when it is always normally on. The question is, what is the actual potential rootcause? Why would it suddenly go into L1 when it has been working fine before? Water Pump? Fault sensor? Water flow obstructed in the pipework? Thank you

So, I am pleased to report that turning down the boiler's stat worked! Just still not sure why I had to do that when it was working fine until now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back