Ideal logic + combi boiler pressure zero suddenly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We've recently moved home a couple of months back and the boiler as titled has been working fine until the early hours of Wednesday morning when I heard the system draining and went down to the boiler and it had zero pressure. I went to top it up and after 20 seconds the gauge hadn't moved. So I thought I'll use the home emergency rather than causing more of a problem. The guy comes out today with a terrible attitude. Treats me like a fool, doesn't look at boiler. Tops pressure up although took longer than I'd given it. 8 hours later, pressure back to zero. I'm making them come out again and this time I hope they take a proper look. Any ideas in the meantime. Its clearly not something that has been a long term decline in pressure as its lost it in 8 hours today. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
First things first have you walked around the system to see if any obvious leaks around the rads or staining on ceilings or walls with hidden pipes ?
Also check blow off pipe from boiler outside

Logics had a batch of shyte heat exchangers that leaked like a sieve the water would go down the condense pipe without you seeing it .
You could pressure it up to 3 and then pull condense pipe out of bottom of boiler if enough play and see if water is coming out of boiler that would confirm it

Sponsored Links
I could hear something coming out of boiler, and drain outside house from boiler was wet on the cover so could be that.

Top boiler pressure up to 1 bar. Turn on c/ heating and see if pressure rises upto around 3 bar after 1 hour.
Show us a pic of what you refer to as the " drain outside house for boiler".

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back