Ideal Mini C24 not detecting flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an Ideal Mini C24 which only successfully detects the flame intermittently. On starting up burner lights but continues to spark therefore pcb has not detected the flame and boiler goes to lock out. On other occasions the boiler will fire up and run as it should do.
I have checked the detection electrode gap and resistance from probe to pcb .7 ohms and changed the ign pcb but the problem still persists.
Any help would be appreciated.
I am an RGII.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gas/combustion questions should be asked in the restricted Combustion Chamber part of this site.

Register and ask there and I will be pleased to help you.

Or if urgent you can phone me!

Tony

Thanks for your postings
Tony I have applied to join Combustion Chamber but am awaiting permission to access this site. I would like to ring you on this problem but I do not have your phone no, I can be contacted on 00353868229539 or e mail on mjcurran29068@ hotmail.com.Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hotmail blocks my AOL email !

You can email me and I see it but cannot reply!

Tony

Problem sorted, I found that the detection probe was connected to one of the ign pins and one of the ign probes to the ion pin on the ign pcb and my theory is that this had damaged the ign pcb.
I connected probes correctly, replaced ign pcb an.d boiler is now working as it should.
Thanks everyone.

Thats odd!

Because I specifically asked you if any of the three leads had been crossed over.

The detection lead has a grey sleeve and the two ignition leads both black sleeves.

Its more common than you imagine those leads being crossed over.

Tony

On changing the detection probe I found it difficult to connect the probe lead to the lead connector, it was then on further examination that I discovered the leads were wrongly connected as I had measured the resistance of probe and found it well within range and then replaced the ign pcb.
Once again Agile (Tony) thanks again for your advice and input.
Michael.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back