Ideal Mini C32 gas boiler ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am having problems with my Ideal Mini C32 boiler failing to fire. The boiler type is Mini C32 s/n N054950206, Boiler Code UH 159880, installed May 2006 and running on LPG.

The boiler has become more difficult to light over time and now will not light at all. It did the same six months ago but was OK after I removed the burner and cleaned everything thoroughly. I have cleaned the burner, checked the venturi is clear, made sure that the fan is operating properly, checked the aps (including shorting the blue and black wires to bypass it). I have disassembled, cleaned and checked the flue, all seems OK but the boiler still won't fire. It goes through the expected ignition sequence with the spark being produced OK but, eventually, when the burner fails to light it shuts down with the lock out lamp lit. The symptoms are the same for central heating or hot water modes.

When the combustion chamber panel is removed the boiler will ignite properly (won't light at all with the panel in place). Does this indicate an incorrect pressure or gas / air mix at the burner? I suspect that the burner itself might have a physical problem (corrosion / blockage) or that the gas valve is not delivering the correct ammount of gas through the burner (flame looks OK and even when briefly testing with combustion panel removed).

Has anyone seem symptoms like this before or have any advice on what component might be causing the problem? Any advice very gratefully received, thank you.

Sponsored Links
As an update....

I had the Engineer round from Ideal to repair / service the boiler. It turns out that the culprit was partly blocked injectors, he cleared the injectors and increased the ignition pressure slightly, all good now. Apparently quite a common problem with LPG systems as the holes in the injectors for LPG are very small and they do gradually block up over time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back