Ideal Sprint Combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, old I know, but does anyone know of a place where I can download a instruction manual for the Ideal Sprint Combi Boiler or if someone has one to hand that they can scan.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
SPrint or Sprint Rapide?
Put your email address in your profile.
Easy boiler to maintain.

If its so easy to maintain where is the valve for the expansion vessel?

I don't remember, but I l know I've done a couple. Couldn't have been as memorably difficult as a Ravenheat..

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
SPrint or Sprint Rapide?
Put your email address in your profile.
Easy boiler to maintain.[/qu

Hi Chris, it's a Ideal Sprint combination boiler, no book on it and having problems with it, had to bleed the rads and since then does not seem to want to work, tried re-pressurising the system but pressure gauge seems to stay on zero, can get the boiler to run for a short while on C/H but then stops (can hear pump running), it also sometimes shuts off the pilot light when stopping, when trying to run on H/W, again only runs momentarary, the hot water flows but seems to stay cold.

Email should now be visible

Sounds like there's just some air in the boiler.
Get the pressure up and try again. You may have to open the cap of a scaled-iup auto air vent, or similar. Bleed the pump by undoing the central screw.

"""tried re-pressurising the system but pressure gauge seems to stay on zero, can get the boiler to run for a short while on C/H but then stops (can hear pump running), it also sometimes shuts off the pilot light when stopping, when trying to run on H/W, again only runs momentarary, the hot water flows but seems to stay cold."""

You must understand that the boiler is designed NOT to work with zero pressure in it. You are wasting you time fiddling with it if there is no pressure.

If you must follow this national pastime of bleeding rads then the pressure MUST be increased afterwards!

On a sealed system there is normally no need to ever bleed rads after it has been commissioned.

Bleeding rads on a sealed system is usually the cause of problems NOT a solution.

Tony

ChrisR

do you have the manual for a sprint rapide???
or does anyone know where i can get one from???

thanks

ChrisR

Can I sign myself up for an Ideal Sprint Combi instruction manual too if you have one?

Hello all,
I found out today, from a good source, that this boiler ceased production in 1987!!
Did anyone have success with a manual for this boiler?
Cheers
Ben.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back