Identify door manufacturer / help finding replacement part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, my kitchen door has a small leak in it on the underside of the window frame. It's been a regular issue but only when the rain is REALLY bad. Following the manic weather earlier this year I stripped it down because it leaked badly. Turns out the reason is because when it was put together, someone bust the screw housing that clamped the two frames together (the inside and outside) resulting in a slight crack on the outer frame where water has been leaking in between the frames for ages.

For the past 2 months I've had the door covered in a plastic sheet to allow the frame and the insides of the door to dry out (but mainly due to me not getting my act together!). The wife suggested it's been covered up long enough so I now I need some help. I need to identify the door so I can find a replacement frame, I can't find any markings on it, any ideas how I can do this? Or, are there generic parts that most doors use?? After some guidance please?? ;)

I'm afraid I'm awful with DIY and have no idea of the material it's made from, so my poor description of the door is....the inside of the door is almost a foam material and it would seem as though the outside is metal. Would a photo help??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back