If this then that can I make it turn a light switch on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It says my Energemie MiHome Socket is ITTT so I wonder can I write a computer program to tell it when to turn on and off?

It has three on/off slots per day, however I need four, I started with a socket with remote, seemed good, but too easy to think it was on when in fact it was off, so swapped to a time switch, this turned the socket on and off OK, however if I want the leave the house other than the pre-programmed times the alarm powered from the socket would go off, so then tried the MiHome socket which combined timer and remote control, so I can switch off leave house and switch back on again, plus set so it's off at the times when mothers carers are due.

This was spot on until today, when visits were upped from three to four, and the MiHome socket has a maximum of three on/off commands. So looking for a way to get an extra on/off command. So maybe I can get the computer to auto switch off the socket for that extra slot?

Maybe I can get battery backed time switch to get extra slot, but it would be better if I can set the PC to turn it off that extra time.

Sponsored Links
for ittt to work it just needs a compatible app that allows you to switch it on and off. the ittt app is where you write your schedule (recipe)

What is an "App" I would have thought it was a script written to run in a browser which is easy enough to write if you can determine where your aiming the software, however to date I have got it to look right, but not actually work.

From what I understand the problem is you need a static address, so the method is to use a server, so with Java Script I tell the server what I want, and the hub asks the server what to do, so both me and the hub can be dynamic as long as server is static.

I have tried to write a local page, but to date it has failed to work.

Sponsored Links
Back