IGNIS ADL 350 DISHWASHER FAULT NO HEAT DOES NOT FINISH CYCLE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 13 month old (just out of guarantee) Ignis ADL 350 dishwasher that has developed the following fault.

Will start and run but does not heat up. When the cycle ends the washer beeps constantly. On opening the door the start light flashes 3 times continually.

Could this be a heater element issue and if so where is the best place to pick one up.

I guess I will have to pull the diswasher out to get to the element?

Thanks for any advice.

Richard :confused:

Sponsored Links
This dishwasher is made by Whirlpool & 3 flashes indicate what you already know....there is a heating fault. But that doesn't automatically mean the heater element is defective. It could just as well be a bad contact/broken wire in the heater circuit, bad NTC sensor, or a defective pcb. The DW has to come out & you need a multimeter to narrow things down. If the element measures around 25 ohms then it is ok. Since this is essentially a Whirpool machine please post the "12nc" number on the door sticker if you need further info.....it should look something like this 8545 350 01860.

Thanks zipper I will pull it out over the weekend and check the element.

Kind regards

Richard

Hi

Zipper I did as you said and tested the heater element it is reading 26.5 Ohms.

What would you recommend next for em to do. I am new to this and dont know all the abbreviations you have made. Is the PCB something to do with a circuit board and NTC (havent a clue). Thanks in advance for your valuable advice.

Richard

Sponsored Links
The element is ok.
There are many different versions of this model...you need to post the number I mentioned earlier.

Hi Zipper

The number on the sticker is 5019 1180 0026.

I await further instructions :D

All the best

Richard

That is the serial number... there should be another 12 digit number starting with 85---.

Before condemning the heater relay on the pcb it might pay to check the NTC sensor isn't shorted/OC. Lie the DW on its back & remove the base-plate. Look for this object http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw...78/0/0/1005498/dishwasher-ntc-temperatur.html (it is twist fitted into the base of the sump). Measure it's resistance cold with your multimeter then pop it into a cup of hot water & measure it again. At room temp it should measure around 60kohm, when hot the resistance should drop to around 6kohm. If it checks out ok then you need a new pcb.

Hi zipper,

I will give that a go tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Will give you an update tomorrow also.

Once again thank you.

Richard

Zipper

Done the check. At room temp meter read 50 ohms and ws going up. When put into a cup of hot water (approx 90 degrees C) read 11 ohms and was going down.

Look forward to my next lesson in Ignis maintenance.

Richard

Zipper

Thanks for all your help looks like it is the PCB then. Might just bite the bullet and buy a new washer as this one was never a great performer.

I have learnt a lot from you advise which is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back