Ignition Problems - Baxi Solo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 14 year old baxi, which has had intermittent ignition problems over the years. However between the last two services it has been working fine although there is sometimes a delay between spark, pilot and ignition.

Had it serviced yesterday and the problem has returned. It sparks for 10 15 seconds, then I get a pilot, but the flame is not consistent, and sometimes it looks like it's in two parts. The only way to get the boiler to ignite is tap the side of it and the pilot flame reaches the burner. This problem only exists on a cold start or if the boiler has been off for an hour or so. At other times if I switch on, I get a perfect pilot and an immediate ignition.

It's not the end of the world, but I don't want to have to start getting up at 6 every morning to give the boiler a bang.

I have had out numerous engineers over the years of the problem, but not one has been able to get to the bottom of it. I'm just a bit cheesed to have paid £60 for a service on a perfectly working boiler to have one that doesn't work properly.

If anyone out there has any ideas I would be grateful. Since the problem started, have a had a new pcb because pump was running 24/7, new gas valve, new pilot injector assembly, had to have the fan freed up, so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and have a new boiler.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back