Baxi solo 3 takes ages to fire up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we recently had a new circuit board and air pressure switch installed on our baxi solo 3 boiler. Now when we turn it on the boiler turns on shortly followed by the fan but the it can be anything between 20-40 minutes before the pilot ignites. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Please note: its not a problem with the pilot light as it ignites perfectly with no clicking, it just takes ages for it to fire up!

Sponsored Links
You've asked this question already. Multiple threads discussing the same thing cause confusion and are also against the forum rules.

"5) Please do not duplicate your posts. This includes other forums."

The original thread can be found by clicking here

This is a different problem actually. The heating and water now work independently from each other but they take ages to come on.

RGI needed for that problem no DIY gas advice will be given on this site im afraid

Sponsored Links
It may be a different problem but its still your same installation and does not fill up the forum and involves your same system which does not then need to be described yet again.

Tony

Thanks, i just don't want to get ripped off. Its already cost me £350 and its still not working correctly. I'm not going to try to fix it myself, just want an idea what it could be.

Thanks, i just don't want to get ripped off. Its already cost me £350 and its still not working correctly. I'm not going to try to fix it myself, just want an idea what it could be.

How did that happen?

Both British Gas and Baxi both do fixed price repairs for about £300.

If I was fixing it then I would be surprised of the repair would cost over £100.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back