baxi solo not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone offer advise ,i have a baxi solo 40/4 rs pilot is alight but boiler not firing, thermostat seems ok and overheat not tripped, any suggestions?.

Sponsored Links
I'm new on here - Where are they ? Am i doing something wrong ?

RULES READ - If it is the Gas Valve you need an RGI Fitter to repair - My advice is for diagnosis ONLY !

Sponsored Links
Before doing anything new to you its always best to read the rules. On this forum they are in RED with LARGER LETTERS along the top !

I have seen boilers which are not working even though they have 240v on the gas valve and the gas valve is OK !

Big Red, I can see that you have received the standartd level of help, advice and sarcasm from some contributors. The problem is that the rules of the forum, forbid the offering of "gas advice". They don't say you must attack and belittle at every given oppportunity.

I won't go into boiler stuff, but if you have 240V across the terminals on the gas valve, when heat or HW demanded, you defo need an RGI. If you don't, it MIGHT be able to find a faulty external to boiler. BUT, the fact that you have asked suggersts that you are not competant to trace and repair an external fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back