Baxi Solo 40/4 RS Pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first attempt at this site,

My Baxi Solo Boiler 40/4 RS won't stay lit.

I have replaced the thermocouple and checked for the overheat button but nothing stuck out

can you suggest anything else ??

Tom

Sponsored Links
LOL! you are not going to be liked here if you attempted your own boiler repair without being registerd for gas safe! its against the law didn't you know? and it is extermely dangerous, you could kill yourself, and your neighbours, and possibly demolish your street, and the flames might spread to the rest of the country, so man leave off, get a highly trained, gas safe registered engineer to check your boiler, you don't know what you are playing at, seriously i cannot amphasise how serious this is, forget about nuclear radiation this is dead serious, please do not attempt your own gas repairs if you are not registerd, as that automatically means you haven't got a clue about gas safety.

Mikefromlondon, what a **** of a post.
Tom, you can safely check the over heat for continuity, and check the leads and the connection of the interrupter block on the gas valve. Visibly check that the pilot is enveloping the tip of the T/C. If all that proves to be sound and the pilot still refuses to hold then qualified help is required.
The forum rules do not permit diy gas advice for safety reasons.

I appreciate your concern and to that I agree but i am capable of carrying out basics T/C etc and i am only getting this ready for my elder brother who os abroad at the moment and who is a reg gas safety chap

thank you 45 years a gas man
i can see the leads but the problem i have is the boiler is in a kitchen cupboard sideways on so where i think the reset button is is around the back of the thermostat box appears to be in ??????

the leads all appear to be in place the T/C is in situ and i belive in the correct place and it has had a new celenoid too

but still won't stay lit, so is it likely going to be the gas valve kit ????????

Sponsored Links
You must prove the thermocouple and all it's connections are sound, and that includes the overheat stat. I've rarely replaced a gas valve on these boilers because of pilot failure. Get a second opinion, it will work out far less expensive. Unlikely to be gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back