Baxi Solo 2 not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fuse recently blew on my boiler and subsequently the Baxi Solo 2 is no longer firing. The Pilot and the Fan lights are coming on, but there is no sign of the Boiler coming on. It sounds as if the boiler is trying to re-spark the ignition on the pilot.
I have seen lots of helpful posts from members such as Baxpoti, so hoping someone can offer some practical advice,
Best wishes,
Ed

Sponsored Links
Carry out these tests
If you have 230V to the gas valve pilot solenoid (orange and blue wires). Change the gas valve.
If you don't have 230v check harness and connections are not damaged, if they're not replace the PCB.

Fuses 'blow' due to a higher current flowing through them, than they were designed for. A fault to earth? water leaks?

Thank you Baxpoti, it was the circuit board.
From your previous posts, I realised you were far more familiar with the boiler than my plumber was.
Appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back