Ignore

Sponsored Links
Hi Russtavo :)

I've just purchased a house and found the obvious work that will need doing before i move in.

I guess the previous owners, in the three years of residing in this house, weren't keen on DIY.

Here is the interesting bit... yesterday whilst removing the loose skimming of the corridor wall, near the entrance door (see pics), I noticed something unusual! (fyi this house has damp and mould issues near the front of the house) instead of the bricks being covered with sand and cement, they've been covered with wall tiles, back to front.

Now my first guess is that the 'DIYer' did this as a final solution to stop water/mould showing up on the face of the wall once painted/wallpapered.

technically he/she was right in doing so...

Gloss side onto brick wall = guaranteed protection from water/mould/damp penetration.

rough back part = perfect surface to cover with 'Multi-finish' skim. :D

it appears that standard grout has been used to stick the tiles onto the bare bricks.

I'm not only suprised by this idea, but i'm planning on removing all the internal plaster, presenty moulded, on the gable end of the building, and tiling up approx 1 Mtr from ground level, finally skimming over it. The peace of mind which i will get from this is unexplainable.
View media item 15711

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back