IKEA Dishwasher DWF 417 - blinks twice, leaves water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello-

i have an Ikea Whirlpool DWF 417. it's from 2006 and has been working like clockwork since i bought it. but this morning it started sounding an alarm (2 sounds) at the end of the cycle. when i opened it the dishes were clean but there was water in the bottom of the machine. i ran it again, the same thing happened - it seems to do everything, including pump the water, until it gets to the very end of the cycle.

any advice would be very much appreciated (i have a new baby and really need the machine to work...)

thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Whirlpool dishwashers (without display) manifest error codes via the start button led/audible alarm. Look at the start button & count the flashes in-between pauses. If there is a repeating pattern of 2 flashes it means that water has leaked onto the bottom plate & the flood control device has been activated. If so lean the machine forward to let the water run off (have a couple of towels ready). Then try a restart.
If there is a different led pattern/combination post it here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back