Ikea Whirlpool dishwasher - 6 flashes error, can't find problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, I'm looking for a bit of advice with a faulty dishwasher.

I have an integrated Ikea Whirlpool DHWB10 which has started displaying the "6 flashes" fault. That is, you try to run a programme, you hear the pump run for 10-15 seconds or so, and then the machine beeps continuously until you open the door and it displays 6 flashes.

6 flashes is a "no incoming water" error, and this is what I've trouble-shooted so far:

1) Checked flow from the mains - all OK
2) Checked inlet and outlet hoses aren't blocked or kinked
3) Replaced inlet valve - no change
4) Disconnected water flow reed switch, and checked that it operates when a magnet is passed close to it - it does, all OK.

I've now run out of ideas for what to check next. Does anyone have any ideas before I call in a professional?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Anyone with any ideas?

Guess it's time to call in the experts...

I have the exact same problem, what was the solution?
If I reset the cycle sometimes it works fine, other times not. I get a F6 error code about 60% of time.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately not good news. I had an engineer come to take a look at it. First of all he replaced a couple of wires that ran from underneath the machine to the control panel at the top. Where the door opens and closes eventually they had started to become worn.

That seemed to work for a day or two, but then the problem came back. After looking at it again he eventually determined that it was a circuit board issue, and a replacement was in the region of 120 quid.

I decided to replace the dishwasher with a new one as it was getting on anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for letting me know.
My dishwasher started doing this from when it was 1 year old. (now 5 years old).
I checked all wiring and it is all good. flow meter works fine
Service man plus PCB will come to cost of new dishwasher. So, I guess I will go shopping tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back