immersion heater..no hot water..please help!

kbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a UV gold water cylinder, but no hot water! If I use the boost I do get hot water. there is no timer..not one that I set anyway and I can't see the thermostat? I've checked the manual but that's more for installation purposes and just says to check the immersion heater?
I've called the plumber who installed it and he was going to call me back..do you think I can get hold of him now? No :(
I'm a complete novice and don't have a clue...I've googled the life out of the subject but can't seem to find any answers. It's only 11 months old.
does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Could be a blocked line strainer, sorry you indicated you have waterflow.
So common problems are:
Immersion heater not on
thermal cut-out operated
motorised valve jammed.

It's only 11 months old. does anyone have any ideas?
Trading Standards, in the long term.
Short term, see above.

Has it been working for the 11 months since installation?

Most likely o/h stat needs resetting probably because temp was set too high.

Installer should deal as within 12 months. See FAQ
DIYer can do if has skill to do it safely

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses.
It has been working fine up until now, i do have water flow and hot water on boost.
Would it be safe for me to check:Immersion heater not on, thermal cut-out operated, motorised valve jammed? Is there something obvious i should be looking at?
There are two caps on the side that say 'immersion heater' i took them off but cant see any reset buttons or pins, other than that i can only see the overflow tap and another tap on the bottom but it isnt labelled?
It was installed in Jan so its actually not even 11 months yet.
Really appreciate all your help!

Can take a photo and post it here of the lower immersion with the cover off?

Tony

Would I be correct in saying that when you say boost, that is the boost controller that's connected to the immersion heater in the cylinder and not your central heating? If so then your immersion heater is fine.

It sounds like the 2/3 motorised port valve may not be working correctly. This valve directs hot water from your CH through the tank coil to heat the water.
Your plumbing professional should be able to diagnose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back