immersion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me i have an old square water heater tank it has three pipes one feeding it with a ball valve one to my hot tap and an overflow pipe it has started leaking and needs replacing i live in a flat and cant see a water storage tank anywhere so i presume that it is an unvented system would i be correct in thinking this or am i talking crap i cant find a tank similar and want to know how to replace it any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
could be a fortec type combination hot water tank and cold water tank on top. where is the leak coming from? is there a drain valve near the bottom of the hot tank, maybe round the back somewhere....
unvented cylinders don't have a ball valve, they are usually mains pressured, if not then they require a lot of head pressure and the cold tank feeding it will be at a lot higher, eg a floor or more up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back