Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been the dentist.. got a choice ......

upper left molar... pull it out about £ 70

or

root canal filling & porcelain bonded crown about £ 400

im a brave soldier but which will hurt the most :cry:

is it worth getting a second opinion/ quote ? my teeth are 56 years old now :D if i have it extracted it is up the back so wont be able to see it !! if i do have it crowned will it be permanent ? or will it fall out and a waste of money cheers P M

BTW not long to decide i can feel slight pain coming on and im sure its gonna get worse :eek:

Sponsored Links
If you can scrape together the money, try to save it.

Having it pulled will not be pleasant.

Having a root canal is quite tedious and not something you'd do for pleasure, but at the end you will be left with a seviceable and natural looking tooth. It will probably last as long as you do.

The more you have the better.

When I started to read your post, my first thoughts were, how old are you, as you answered that, I suppose its about pain V money.
If you have the capping its pain twice (capping then payment).
Im glad its not me, but then again my dentist appointment is end Sep, but Im older than you & not a plumber or electrican, cos they have loads of money. :LOL:

Fillings and crowns don't last forever so £400 now and god knows how much in 10 or 15 years (if they last that long). If it's a molar then who's gonna see it anyway?.

The only pain with having a tooth out is the injection, molars are easy to get out, try getting a wisdom tooth out!!!!!!!

Spend the 70 quid, you'll never notice it's gone........the tooth that is. ;)

Sponsored Links
have it out = short pain
root canel = pain for extended period
I'd have it out, it hurts me just thinking about it.

JohnD said:
bunch of wimps.

Yeah, too true.

Could save even more money if he tells the dentist he doesn't want any anaestetic, can't cost much for dentist just to use a pair of pliers and a big smile!!!! :evil:

Take it out. I had a wisdom tooth taken out with not enough anaesthetic. It hurt. A lot. Kinda felt funny and weird but good afterwards.

i've gone all faint.

dentist.jpg

I'd be more worried about that guy behind the mask......he looks mighty like Michael Jackson :eek:

I know I must be a bit weird, but I actually liked the pain of having all four of my wisdom teeth complete with compacted roots pulled out. It's not just the pain but that odd cracking / squelching sound of bone and tissues being wrought asunder. Fava beans and Chianti anyone?

Sponsored Links
Back