Inconsistent spray from back-pack weed sprayer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10L or so sprayer and have always had issues with getting it to spray consistently. I'll fiddle with the nozzle until I get the nice wide spray I want, then within a couple of minutes it'll be spraying far less well. It doesn't seem to be a pressure thing because re-pumping makes little difference, I'm forever tweaking the nozzle - wasting time and getting stuff all over my fingers.

Is there a difference between good and bad sprayers and I just have a duff/cheap one? Could the nozzle need replacing?

Sponsored Links
have you unscrewed the nozzle and washed the grit out?

You might find the weed killer has gone claggy and it gums up the end of the lance. You'll have to give it a good shake to break up the clag, then unblock the entire hose/lance

Sponsored Links
have you unscrewed the nozzle and washed the grit out?
I have a couple of times had a look, more gummy than gritty, but I think even new it did this and cleaning it out doesn't really seem to help much. I'm mixing my own stuff each time if it makes any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back