Increasing pressure or recharging white expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a white expansion vessel above my unvented hot water cylinder which is reading 1.5 bar

I want to increase the pressure to the recommended 3 bar is it as simple as attaching a foot pump to the schrader valve and pumping it up to 3 bar or is there any additional steps.

Water is warmish in the morning and not as piping hot as before.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Nope not that easy and nope you shouldnt be touching it, and has nothing to do with your HW temperature

You need to be properly trained and registered to work on these. Call someone in who is G3 qualified to work on unvented cylinders. They should be serviced annually

I'm not sure if the EV falls under G3 requirement or not.

Regardless, though, the procedure is the same as for the heating system's EV. Close the water supply to the EV, release the pressure on it by opening a tap branched off of it. Then check the pressure through the schrader valve and add air as necessary.

I have a white expansion vessel above my unvented hot water cylinder which is reading 1.5 bar

Is there a gauge on it? If so, it is not measuring your EV pressure, but rather your mains water pressure. You can't check the pressure on the schrader valve properly until the pressure is let off.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if the EV falls under G3 requirement or not.

Regardless, though, the procedure is the same as for the heating system's EV. Close the water supply to the EV, release the pressure on it by opening a tap branched off of it. Then check the pressure through the schrader valve and add air as necessary.

Is there a gauge on it? If so, it is not measuring your EV pressure, but rather your mains water pressure. You can't check the pressure on the schrader valve properly until the pressure is let off.
really ? maybe you should apply for G3 qualies and stop advising on something that you know nothing about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back