Indesit dishwasher immediately trips house break

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have an Indesit D41. The device tripped the main switchboard during one cycle. Since then, when it's turned on, any time I close the door of it it trips the main switchboard.

When the door is open the control panel works fine; no error lights and it correctly lights up the program lights etc. It's just closing the door that causes the entire thing to trip-out.
I took a look at the other D41 threads here, but they don't seem to have the same problem.

I've taken the bottom off and while there's loads of crud there, there's no obvious shorts. I cleaned the wires (also covered in crud and discoloured) but no exposed wires there either.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the heater and try it. Then the circulation pump then mains suppressor it's gonna be one of them.

Thanks. I was going to try that tonight but thought I'd see if it had started working magically. It has!
With one or two minor mishaps I've managed to get it together again and it seems to be working.

Any notions as to why this happened? Some moisture somewhere that has gone evaporated during the day? Any way to prevent this? (I live in a hard-water area).
Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
It may well be.

So, it seems to have only temporarily worked. I put it on a test wash. It got about 8 mins in, and then the power went out.

When I went to the dishwasher there was (and still is!) a slight burning smell. I opened it up and got lots of steam. It seems that the heating element was on and there wasn't much water at the bottom; certainly not enough to cover it; water touching it instantly turned to steam (hissing too). I'm guessing this isn't meant to happen (it was on a cycle that doesn't have a dry cycle).
Any advice? Is the problem with the element or did it pre-drain so the element had nothing to do?
Thanks

I don't think it's the heater. After the last trip I drained it and it worked again immediately (unlike yesterday).

I then disconnected one of the leads feeding into the heater (both are purple, so not sure whether + or -), and wrapped it in insulation tape and stuck it neatly against the case (which is earthed).

This time the cycle stopped at about 2 mins, much quicker. Ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back