Indesit idl 500 fault lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all have got green lights 1 and 2 flashing on my indesit idl 500 dishwasher and its stop working any idea what these lights relate to. fliter is not block and eveerything looks ok any help would be much appriciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Led 1= Prewash / 3hr
Led 2= Wash / 6hr
Led 3= Rinses / 9 hr
Led 4= Drying / 12hr

LED. illuminated
1 = Overflow ( water in base )

1+2 = Pump timeout,

1+3 = Circulation pump not working

2+3 = Not filling

2+4 = Heating circuit not working

2 = Solenoid valve 'broken'

3 = Thermistor (NTC) cicuit not working

4 = Temp not reached whilst heating ( poss NTC detached from casing).

Awesome thanks rocks1 does that mean the pumps knackerd or just needs taking out and giving little tlc.

Yes pump is blocked remove base and follow waste pipe. Or you can remove the filters and tickle the 3holes in the sump with a metal coat hanger.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can anyone advise? I have an Indesit IDL500

My dishwasher runs the wash cycle, then runs the rinse cycle and before moving onto the Dry cycle the 2nd light on the washer starts blinking. I can hear water coming thorugh and going out the waste hose. I have to switch it off at the mains to stop this.

When i open the dishwasher, dishes are clean but wet and the dishwasher is warm, not hot.

I sent an email to Indesit who responded saying its the Solenoid Valve which is what is mentioned above.

Question:
is this easily fixed i.e by myself or do i need a engineer? Engineer costs £125 through the few that i have searched online.

Does anyone know anyone that can do this? I live in East london (5mins from Stratford)

It's not the valve it's the heater gone

Is this easily repairable? Will I need an engineer? Estimated cost?

Rocks, looking at your error codes, I have lights 2 & 4 flashing which states the Heating circuit is not working but when I open the dishwasher it has been working, Is this an easy fix and if so can you tell me how. Manythanks

If its hot at the end of the wash then new pcb req.

Pcb = printed circuit board. Does it get hot. If yes try a descaler first otherwise pcb is needed. If not hot test the heater should be 25 ish ohms if that's ok pcb is shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back