indesit w103 won't start wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my machine starts the pre wash,water goes into the powder drawer,then the machine drains itself,then does one turn of the drum.after this the red light will flash on and off and the dial will click continuesly.I have tried resetting the machine,opened the door,turned off from the mains,start all over again,but the same problems arise.Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
check all of the usual faults. not necessarily in this order;-
1. motor carbons if this machine is 4yrs plus
2. blockage or partial blockage in and around the pump.(less likely in your case)
3. speed at which washer fills. i.e. water pressure.

failing the above and anything i've forgotten to mention, (help please anyone) these machines have notoriously troublesome circuit boards.

while the dial is spinning watch the flashing red light it will go out for 3-4 seconds and then start flashing again, count the number of times it flashes before it goes out again for 3-4 seconds, this is a fault code if you can post reply how many flashes i can guide you in the right direction.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back