Indesit washing machine on the blink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine as of this morning has decided to fill up as usual, twirl the drum a bit, then just sit there doing nothing. When I move the dial manually to the next stage it carries on then. Is it the heating element do you think? As heating the water is what it does after filling up and whirling a bit, but today when I put my hand on the glass it was cold.

Is it fixable? Machine is about 6 years old.

Sponsored Links
but today when I put my hand on the glass it was cold.

Good bit of reasoning. It could well be the heating element. Do you have an economy wash cycle that just uses the incoming water temperature rather than using the element? If the m/c does that cycle correctly then I would say it's highly likely to be the element. They do tend to go after a time.

Yes, it's fixable.

your m/c is sitting in what is known as "heat pause" its waiting for the heater to heat the water to temp, yes it is just a case of new element required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies. No, it doesn't have an economy wash cycle unfortunately.

Glad to hear it is fixable, the last thing I need right now is to have to buy a new washing machine!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back