Indesit WD12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 3 year old indesit wd12 has stopped working. The drum is full of water.
The dial continues to rotate but the cycle does not move on. After removing the wet washing I attempted to begin another cycle- I could hear the motor and then the dial clicked round continuously as before- the drum did not move. HELP!

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem. i think the dial keeps spinning until it finds a program it can complete, ie drain the water away. Mine couldnt drain until i removed the filter at the front bottom left hand side and removed the button than was blocking the drain. i plugged the filter back in. the dial rotated ntil it found the drain cycle, then carried on as normal.

scottster said:
I had a similar problem. i think the dial keeps spinning until it finds a program it can complete, ie drain the water away. Mine couldnt drain until i removed the filter at the front bottom left hand side and removed the button than was blocking the drain. i plugged the filter back in. the dial rotated ntil it found the drain cycle, then carried on as normal.

Great. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Sponsored Links
Eureka! Excellent advice. Appears to be sorted having emptied the filter. Dial clicked round till it got to the rinse cycle and working normally...so far. Had to take the whole filter assembly apart in the end, due to the three pound coins and a fairly robust 'reward' sticker (double check kids pockets from now on) preventing me unscrewing the top of the filter. Got a pair of pliers on the spring clip to get the main hose off and was able to rotate the lid of the filter enough to line up with the nozzle and get said items out.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back