Indesit widl 126 lock light not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my indesit widl washer dryer. The machine won't start the cycle as it is not recognising that the door is locked. By that I mean that the lock light is not come mg on and cycle does not start.

I have checked the interlock and all seems to be ok - the door is locking and I am getting continuity between the relevant points when the points inside are touching, I have taken the interlock apart to check that contact is made and used a multimeter to check continuity.

What else can I check before it's sent to the big scrapyard in the sky?

Sponsored Links
Could that possibly be it?

Reason I'm wondering is that yesterday when it went off I could shake the machine a bit and the lock light would come on, then the cycle would start. But now I have nothing from it

Check the brushes. Yes that will be it.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to Jerry rig the brushes so that I can make sure it is the brushes before ordering new ones?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back