Indesit WIDL146 - What do these flashing service lights mean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit WIDL146 washing machine and after a few minutes of operation the "Lock light" flashes along with the "Delay Timer" and "Extra Rinse" lights. The pump also seems to kick in to remove the waste water to the pipe (I guess this is some kind of safe guard panic mode).

Upon reading the manual it says contact indesit for service "as there is an abnormality". I have done this and they have quoted me £90 for labour and the parts are covered via the 5 year warranty - I currently have them booked in tomorrow.

The water feed seems to be ok as it does feed water though the washing powder tray and the drum does turn.

I have them booked in for tomorrow but does anyone know if these lights mean there is some thing simple wrong ???

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Counting from the top or from the left (depending on how the lights are arranged) which ones are flashing? 1 and 2? etc

1 and 4 would indicate an error with the eeprom on the pcb that controls the machine or a setup error.
Basically, software corrupted or pcb faulty.

Sponsored Links
Pressure switch not sensing. Blockage in pressure system or pressure switch stuck are the common ones.

Pressure switch not sensing. Blockage in pressure system or pressure switch stuck are the common ones.

Thanks - I guess it could be something simple but we're going to go ahead and get them to fix it anyway.

I'll update this post with exactly what was wrong.

Well hes just been and looks like they made a mistake in that I dont have a 5 year parts warranty so the 1st thing he said was that the call out is now £67 plus parts.

He said it was either one of three things:

1) The heater - £30
2) Pressure value sensor - £7
3) The controller / eprom - £95

He tested the heater and that seemed to be ok, next he replaced the pressure sensor with one he had on the van the machine is working fine now.

So they shot themselves in the foot a bit as it only came to £74 all in when I was prepared for a £90 quid call out.

The pressture sensor is the small (around 2" in diameter) white plasic thing thats located at the top right hand side and has a number of wires going to it and a pipe tube from the bottom.

Thanks for everyone here for the help and maybe next time i'll have a go myself but sometimes its nice (less worry and quicker) to just get an engineer out).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back