Indesit WIE 127

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: My Indesit washing machine (just over a year old!) started making noises like a boeing 747 when on its spin cycle. When I pulled it out to take a look found a big pile of white powder on the floor!!! Now just get the error message F-08 and won't spin at all. Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Check the conrete blocks, they may be loose and rubbing on the outer drum, thus generating the powder. I don't have a list of error messages but if the concrete counterweights are loose it may be an out of balance warning.

:cry: Cheers mate you were dead right.
Took lid off and found the concrete block had been moving around so much it had nearly worn through the plastic outer drum. I suppose that means its had it after only 14 months of use. Ho Hum.

Sponsored Links
You could perhaps patch up the drum with fibreglass matting and resin but you need to find out about the error code to see what else might be wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back