Indirect cylinder recommendation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a system boiler installed and I need a new indirect hot water cylinder 1200 X 450.

Any advice on which manufacturer to go for. Currently looking at a Gledhill.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Personally don't like Gledhill, btu even they shouldn't be able to screw up a traditional cylinder.

If it is stainless steel, then make sure the Immersion is Incaloy or something else compatible. The cheap ones (even those sometimes supplied) are liable to react otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Is there a better / more common solution these days?

Better is a matter of perspective and the nature of your property.

Unvented is the way to go if there is sufficient pressure and flow.

It may require a mains supply upgrade though.

However, open vented does have its advantages. You need a decent engineer conversant with both types of system to give you a fair appraisal.

Even Wickes have them at a reasonable price.

Properly fitted all should do the job.

Stainless cylinders not only need an Incoloy element but an Incoloy element where the thermostat pocket is also Incoloy. Not all are!

Tony

Hi,

I'm getting a system boiler installed and I need a new indirect hot water cylinder 1200 X 450.

Any advice on which manufacturer to go for. Currently looking at a Gledhill.

Thanks!
Gledhill CondenCyl HE

Would avoid RM cylinders, we've seen a few problems. Most merchants push them because they are cheap.

do you have room for a bigger cylinder? You could get deeper baths, or several showers, or have some hw left over for washing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back