Indirect Unvented Cylinder Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been advised on a previous post to replace old hot water cylinder with an unvented one.

Pressure is good in my area. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? Make, model, type etc.

I live in a 3 bed, 2 bathroom house with 8 rads. Any suggestions on tank size?

Typical installation costs?, including removal of loft tanks, new pump, timer, stats etc.

Sponsored Links
There is some more information on page 3/4 of the FAQ's about these. You will need a qualified installer to fit an unvented cylinder, it may be worth finding somebody and then asking what they would recommend for your requirements.

There is a conflict of interest in other threads about safety issues with these appliances but it is up to you to decide if this is an option you wish to consider.

Dr Drivell is our resident unvented adviser and should be along shortly. :LOL:

If you have a small house / family I would consider a good quality combi. :D

Sponsored Links
Been advised on a previous post to replace old hot water cylinder with an unvented one.

Pressure is good in my area. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? Make, model, type etc.

Typical installation costs?, including removal of loft tanks, new pump, timer, stats etc.

This is mis-advice. Use a vented heat bank as they are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Same price and gives CH buffering for free. The only way to go.

Use a vented heat bank as they are failsafe...they can explode. ????????

Even you cant make your mind up now...

That'll be another thread locked then Bahco.... :LOL:

Waste of a good padlock if you ask me :LOL:

Follow me everyone
icon_82.gif

Their is this which can be integrated with your existing cylinder to provide mains flow hot water.
A High-flo BZ unit. About £275 and the cheapest upgrade to mains flow HW you will get.
The schematic in this image in the lower right hand corner incidentally has nothing to do with the High-Flo BZ unit.
Heatweb.gif

If your existing cylinder is too small then you could upgrade to this........
BigMegalife.jpg

A Megalife vented cylinder.
with prices ranging between £600 and £900 for 170L to 210L indirect and direct models.
Manufactured from Duplex stainless steel and 25 year gurantee.
Range also supply these with sizes from 90/L capacity to 300L and should be cheaper than the Megalife.
Now you have the benefit of providing your existing baths with gravity flow from your existing system that you have in place and providing the showers with the mains HW flow.
If you want a fast recovery then you can use a direct cylinder and plate heat exchanger recovery which allows you to downgrade the size of the HW storage cylinder.
DPS will advise on the sizing of this.

I have a cold storage tank in my loft and I wouldnt swap it for a complete mains supply system. And my mains pressure is 4 bar providing 18L/min.
DD will disagree though on this point.

What safety features do they have then Drivel.

Now that would explode under pressure :eek:

What safety features do they have then Drivel.

Now that would explode under pressure :eek:

Im not "Drivel".
Are you going to add something useful or are you going to huff and puff until the thread is locked ?.
And by the way that last image you posted is an UV cylinder and not a thermal store as you seem to think it is. :rolleyes:

Their is this which can be integrated with your existing cylinder to provide mains flow hot water.
A High-flo BZ unit. About £275 and the cheapest upgrade to mains flow HW you will get.
The schematic in this image in the lower right hand corner incidentally has nothing to do with the High-Flo BZ unit.
Heatweb.gif

If your existing cylinder is too small then you could upgrade to this........
BigMegalife.jpg

Here it is again:

INSTALL2.GIF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back