Induction hob power issues - Spain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a new induction hob in Ibiza and the power is not consistent, the power appears to come and go as shown in the video below.

Our apartment is on an old communal supply and I am wondering if this is a symptom of a poor feed to the community rather than an issue with my hob or individual feed to our apartment. We are due to be changed to individual feeds from the electricity company but we will probably be eating via replicators before that happens!

I need to get this sorted before the hob warrantee runs out. I would appreciate any comments / suggestions.

Sponsored Links
An induction hob normally controls output by switching off/on technical name is mark/space ratio, normally the cycle is so short it seems like analogue, but that would depend on the manufacturer.

It will also depend on the pan, the larger the lump of iron in base of pan, the slower it will heat up and cool down and less likely it is to triggured to pan removed auto switch off.

So I would try with a different pan first and see if this changes how it works, especially considering the noise, they do hum a little but not normally that much.

Sponsored Links
Back