Insulation panel for Samsung induction hob

1 Mar 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We have bought a Samsung induction hob and the installation guide says we need to install an insulation panel between the oven and hob. I called Samsung to find out what this panel is and they said they would have to check with their specialist team as they didn't have further information as our kitchen fitting team would put the panel in!

Any idea what this insulation panel consists of?

Just to clarify we have a qualified electrician installing this but he's not installed this particular type of hob (induction, only electric) before.

Sponsored Links
They just mean heat resistant board to prevent heat from damaging the main circuit board's within the hob plus with induction hob's normally you need to leave a gap between the oven (or in case the heat resistant board you install) and base of the hob and the back of the oven plus a small gap at the front between the oven and worktop to allow the fan's inside the hob to draw in air to keep the circuit board's cool.
Induction hob's are the way forward but most fitter's at the moment seem to treat them like a normal ceramic hob and just fit them without reading the ventilation requirment's in the installation booklet. Out of warranty exspect a repair bill of at least £300 upward's plus all your pan's must have a solid base which also has to be magnetic all the way across the base or the hob wont function properly if they aren't so that mean's any aluminium or copper pan's will need replacing. If you want to test your pan's open your fridge door and hold the base of the pan against the door seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links