Worktop thickness required for induction hob?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My main pan-draw has 2 slide-out draws at the top, I am looking to get this Samsung induction hob - NZ84C6058FK

Link to the hob

It is a slim fit induction hob which i assume will then allow me to keep my 2 draws at the top because I believe in some normal worktop (mainly gas) hobs the top draw is blanked off because I assume those hobs are alot thicker. They illustrate the benefit of their 'slim-fit' hobs in the pic below.

My question is, does that mean my worktop needs to be over 44mm in thickness in order to essentially swallow up the entirety of the hob? because if the hob is 44mm thick and it sits inside the worktop, in order for it not to have any contact with the 2 panels which i've highlighted in red, which basically sit flush with the top of my unit (and im guessing is typical for this type of unit).

My issue is that most granite/quartz worktops are 20-30mm thickness, and the typical size for a laminate is 38-40mm. am I supposed to find a deeper worktop or am I expected to cut into those 2 panels in order for it to accommodate the hob? or is there something that i'm completely missing and cant see how even this 'slim-fit' hob would be fitting in with the ability for me to keep my 2 top drawers lol

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Screenshot_20240302_201852_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_201959_Chrome.jpg

20240302_203428.jpg

Sponsored Links
How thick is you worktop? Would not call that slim fit , pretty standard.You have plenty of room below so unless you are fitting ultra thin work tops (12mm) it should be fine.

If I read this right, you need a minimm of 59mm from the top of your worktop to the top of the drawers.

How far from the top of the unit is the top of the drawer? Add this to the worktop thickness, = xyz mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back