Sealing around induction hob?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to install an Ikea induction hob (NUTID HIN4T) in my new quartz worktop but I am perplexed about how to seal it to the worktop.

The hob has a glass top which rests on the cutout and there are some metal spring clips to secure it in place.

But there is nothing at all to form a seal between the hob and worktop. The instructions also don't mention anything about sealing it.

I have also read that silicone should not be used with a glass hob as it can cause it to crack when the glass expands.

Can anyone offer any advice how to seal it or even if it should be sealed at all?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The top appears to clip onto brackets, you could apply bead of clear silicon to edge and cover with a strip of polythene, drop in hob and after 24 hours lift out and remove polythene, then replace hob, this will leave a tight seal which will not adhere to glass but should stop spillages running underneath.

Nice idea :)

My hob didn't actually come with the brackets or clips as shown in the ikea online instructions! It has some simple metal spring clips that I guess just grip the side of the worktop.

Surely the manufacturer should provide something or a suggestion to seal it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back