Installing Neff Induction Hob T42D20 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am fitting a Neff Induction hob into a solid wood worktop. The carpenter has cut the hole to the dimensions given in the instruction, and we have placed the hob in. The instructions say not to silicone the hob in as there is a gasket around the edge of the glass any way.

My question is: the hob sits about 2mm above the worktop all round - is this correct? I don't want to apply a lot of pressure to the top of the hob to push it down. I don't think there is anything fouling the hob as the gap is pretty much even all the way round. I'm just concerned this is going to be hard to clean etc.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Have you made sure the hole is big enough and it is not forcing the hob to ride up a little? Worth double check, if the hob has chamfered sides or any ridges could be preventing it from sitting in flush.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had time to check yet, but I was starting to think there must be some obstruction or the hole isn't quite big enough. Looking at the fitting instructions again (which I think aren't very clear) it seems the tolerances are -0 +2mm not very forgiving on the -.

I'll check it out over the weekend and post back, if I fix the problem it's a good note for others.

Best regards

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back