Gas Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted out my kitchen 3 years ago and did it all myself except the worktops which I paid a professional to fit. He fitted the sink and gas hob into the worktop using the supplied 'mastic'. I noticed sometime later that the hob was not fully in contact with the surface at the front and rear but was at the sides. This I believe is not the fitters fault but probably the manufacture of the hob. It only has 'pull down' clamps in the corners and maybe not flat all the way round.
The problem has manifested itself by 'showing' a lot of the mastic between the surface and the hob edge. It is distinctly unsightly and could possibly create a problem with water getting into the chipboard. Due to the thickness of the metal of the hob I cannot tap a hole with a screwthread to pull down the hob somewhere in the middle so the only thing I can think of is to pack the gap with some kind of hard filling which will set and stop any ingress of liquid. Is there anything that you guys can suggest or possibly another solution? Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back