Infinite Prime Wireless Alarm Panel Replacment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have an Infinite Prime wireless alarm system fitted, I have had this for around 10 years now, and the panel LCD display is flashing all sorts of random numbers and symbols around the edges of the screen, but not effecting the main display.

So I want to replace the control panel with another Infinite prime panel before it lets me down.

Do I need to un programme all the wireless PIRs and door contacts etc. or does this just happen when I disconnect the panel from the mains.

And also do I need to remove the battery from the outside alarm siren so it will not sound.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
The old devices will have to be re-learnt to the new panel , as for bellbox that all depends on how it was connected in the first place , have seen various ways on this panel , hardwired , hardwired to receiver in loft and totally wireless

Thanks for the reply sparkymarka, there is a receiver in the loft connected to the mains which also has a battery inside and a wire going to the siren which has a small battery inside also.

So I am thinking unplug the receiver and remove the bell box battery before removing the alarm panel.

Many Thanks

Don't think it matters with that set up.... It just transmits to the receiver in alarm , just make sure your devices will work with new panel as they did 433mhz and 868mhz in this panel !

Sponsored Links
Oh dear I did not know that, the one I have now is the green display LCD but the one I have ordered is the blue LCD display, so I think I may have to buy new devices.

Many Thank

Just checked sparkymarka, and both the old panel and the new panel are 868mhz so that's a relief, so I should be able to swap them over without to much bother, as I have linked new devices to my present panel so am ok linking devices I found the menu not 2 bad to navigate, so fingers crossed !!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back