Info Pax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.nher.co.uk/homeinfopack.shtml

1. How will the Home Information Pack relate to the EU Directive?

The HIP is the mechanism by which the EU Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings will be implemented in the owner occupied sector.

Whaaat ? I thought info was specifically for the buyer not the EU !!
When I think of the cr a p building I have recently seen about Europe .. we must be a bunch of mugs !!

6. How will the Directive affect the owner occupied sector?
The EU Directive requires that a valid energy performance certificate be produced for all dwellings at the time of sale. The draft Housing Bill proposes the mandatory creation of a Home Information Pack (HIP) as part of the home purchase process. The HIP will include a Home Condition Report (HCR) that will contain an energy efficiency assessment (energy report). This will enable compliance with the requirements of the EU Directive.

6. How do I become a Home Inspector?
Approximately 7500 Home Inspectors will be required. As currently only 2500 chartered surveyors and other professionals undertake home surveys, a vast number of additional people must be recruited as Home Inspectors. Questions remain about where they will come from and how they will be trained.
The Government has proposed that all Home Inspectors will be licensed and assessed for competence in assessment centres around the country. The candidates will have to prove they are competent against the criteria in the National Occupation Standards for Home Inspectors. The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority has agreed on these standards and a Vocational Related Qualification is currently being developed in line with the Standards.

David Woodward, Head of Home Ownership Policy Branch at ODPM, said "We anticipate that over 7500 Home Inspectors could be required in order to produce Home Condition Reports for all properties marketed in England and Wales from 2006. These individuals will need to be trained, qualified and provided with the highest quality support services. I am therefore particularly pleased that companies such as NES are taking steps to meet this demand. This will help pave the way for a successful implementation of Home Information Packs".

Ok suckers ... tip those wallets upside down again ... More supernumeries ... I think I'll be paying for a visit from a 'house Inspector' who is really after info to satisfy the EU .... So do I trust your home report compiled by someone with an NVQ or, do I then pay for the surveyor I would have paid for in the first place ??? Hence doubling the cost ........ Inspectors, inspectors, inspectors ........ Remember 'On the Buses' ? Oh, by the way I have seen 'Inspection costs' projected at £600 plus -- for an average value property !!
:D :D :D :eek: :mad: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Come on then !! Has the info pack been touted as being ... the mechanism by which the EU Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings will be implemented in the owner occupied sector....

Or something a little different ? Perhaps a vehicle within which we will pay for the aqquisition of the data required by the EU ??
BTW ... More data on our homes and contents .... more databases, more info ... Can Europe ever shake off the desire to control ?
:mad:

Pipme, as I understand things the scheme your talking about is for commercial buildings, not privately owned domestic buildings, this is why the Government is introducing the Home Sellers Pack in 2006.

No it is definately for houses and to satisfy some EU requirements on pollution, although the Gov is going beyond what the EU wants and is using them as an excuse.

The Government is committed to making it easier for people buying and selling homes in England and Wales through the home information pack.

The current home buying and selling process is slow, wasteful, stressful and causes far too much delay and failure. Home information packs are due to be introduced throughout England and Wales from the beginning of 2007 to tackle these problems.

They will make the home buying and selling process more transparent, more certain, consumer friendly and faster.

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_housing/documents/sectionhomepage/odpm_housing_page.hcsp

http://www.nher.co.uk/homeinfopack.shtml

Sponsored Links
Thanks D&J, I was thinking along the same lines as Sparky so it is nice to have it clarified.

Well I stand corrected, thanks you David and Julie for pointing that out out, it is interesting to see that the Government are blaming the EU for this when they are going over the top. Personally I am sort of neutral on Europe, I can see benefits, but I can see reasons against, but when you start to see our Government trying to blame Europe for legislation (whether good or bad) that it has introduced in a more extreme way than they envisaged, you do start to question some of the stories you hear about what Europe does and some of the decisions it makes.

Two minds then SJ ;)

I honestly think that Labour has gone silly, they cannot seem to do anything bar hide the truth ... Poor old Tone has been twigged, he cannot bring himself to outright lie so tries every twist and wriggle with words to say one thing and mean another ... Jerry Paxman had him by the goolies prior to the previous Ni increase when he would not answer the direct Q concerning a possible increase .... Now, whenever Tone or Gordo fail to answer directly then I believe there is something to hide .. good innit !! live by the sword and eventually die by it ..Maybe not this time, but I reckon Tone wants out, although not in a losing vote, his desire not to lose face will destroy him eventually .. he is anything but stupid ... Perhaps then, equally as bad just too clever, thinking that he could maintain perpetual spin .. Too many balls, not enough hands !!
:eek:

Back