inhibitor and time

M

marsaday

How long can i safely run the heating without inhibitor. I changed 2 rads this weekend and i have to move the boiler , but the plumber can only do it at the end of the month.

should i add some inhibitor now or can i wait the 4 weeks ?

My system needs 2 bottles usually (8 rads and UFH in kitchen).

Sponsored Links
How long can i safely run the heating without inhibitor. I changed 2 rads this weekend and i have to move the boiler , but the plumber can only do it at the end of the month.

should i add some inhibitor now or can i wait the 4 weeks ?

My system needs 2 bottles usually (8 rads and UFH in kitchen).

From this site.F.A.Q.s

Corrosion Inhibitor: Common Brands - Sentinel X100, Fernox F1 & MB-1

Heating systems contain different metals - steel in the radiators, pipes made from copper etc. In the presence of water and oxygen an electrical current flows and this results in corrosion of the 'weaker' metal. Typically the steel radiators are eaten away leading to pinhole leaks and iron oxide 'sludge' which can cause all sorts of problems. For this reason it is important that any central heating system has inhibitor added to the water. This slows the corrosion process and prolongs the life of the system. It is NOT worth skimping on - even one week without inhibitor can be enough to cause problems.

I remember attending one of the early Vaillant training courses for the combis , did not need inhibitor was the message than :) as it is sealed !

Doubt if 4 weeks will make much difference ??

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for that. someone else has said it should be fine.

interesting about different opinions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back