Inhibitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pretty old towel rad that I installed in my bathroom. It has 3-4 very very tiny pinprick leaks around the brazed joints.

I'm inclined to leave it for a few months to see if they seal themselves up, but if they don't, is it ok to add a leak inhibitor to the system, and can anybody recommend a suitable product?

The boiler is a modern combi-unit.

Sponsored Links
Tom. said:
I'm inclined to leave it for a few months to see if they seal themselves up

I doubt it very much :LOL:
They probably will get worse and if the rad is as old as you say, you should change it.
Adding inhibitor will be a waste of money until leak has been fixed.
You could try a leak sealer to your system but in my humble opinion , it will be false economy :D

Inhibitor is to prevent the corrosion which has got to your towel rail. Leak sealer is different! No harm in trying it, cheaper than a TR.

Sponsored Links
If you have leaks around the joints and nowhere else - that sounds (possibly) like a copper HTR with some sort of chemical or electrolytic attack on the brazed joints. Not a Good Thing. Also, doubtful whether leak sealer will work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back